CADI work packages
Work package I
Responsible parties: Michael Succow Foundation, FAO-Subregional Office for Central Asia
Evidence-based knowledge on ecosystem services, biodiversity, conservation status, and land-use of cold winter deserts is available, applied, and disseminated.
- Provision of a CADI fellowship program for post-graduate scientists from Central Asia.
- Adapting FAO’s methodological approach of an integrated RS-based inventory (Open Foris, Collect Earth) for dryland pastures and forests in temperate deserts of Central Asia to assess land-uses and degradation for a pilot site in Uzbekistan
- Exemplary valuation of natural resource assets (pastures, wood) and ecosystem services (PES) in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan
- Preparation of a spatial analysis of conservation potential in temperate deserts of Central Asia
- Preparation of a virtual herbarium and e-flora
- Biodiversity expeditions to update baseline data of populations and distribution as well as trends of endemic species
- Development of an exemplary biodiversity monitoring concept for temperate desert biomes
- Development of target-specific communication strategy and material for integrated, sustainable natural resource management and nature conservation
Work package II
Work package III
Work package IV